As pro sports teams begin to welcome fans back, having fans in the stands for this season’s MLB Opening Day will take on added meaning for America’s Pastime. Whether it’s a ballpark, stadium or arena, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the leading food and beverage partner of major league sports teams, is meeting and exceeding the safety and hygiene standards required in today’s environment, while also improving the overall gameday dining experience, with new and proven solutions.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210324005052/en/
As sports venues reopen to fans, Aramark is deploying contactless solutions, like Zippin’s checkout-free Drink MKT at AT&T Center, to create a safe and hygienic service experience. (Photo: Business Wire)
Thanks to its innovation pipeline, Aramark has been at the forefront of progressively introducing strategic data driven, state-of-the-art systems to elevate the food and beverage experience. As a result, the collaborative nature of Aramark’s Data Science and Design & Development teams made it easy to pivot and implement tested solutions to accommodate the new norm.
“Like all baseball fans, we’re excited for the first pitch of the 2021 season. While attending games in-person may look and feel a little different this year, the return of fans to sporting events represents a significant milestone and we look forward to serving them, once again,” said Alison Birdwell, President and CEO of Aramark’s Sports & Entertainment division. “The health and safety of our employees and everyone we serve is our highest priority and we are working closely with our partners to tailor operations and enhance service models to help safeguard the preparation, delivery and service of food.”
Innovative Solutions for Frictionless & Contactless Service*
To create a safe, efficient and frictionless service experience for fans, Aramark’s continuous pipeline of testing and development of fan-friendly technology and innovative self-service concepts is proving to be a benefit for operating in today’s world and has paved the way for deploying and expanding contactless solutions throughout venues in which it operates. Across its portfolio Aramark is implementing the following concepts.
- Self-Ordering Kiosks: Using touch screen technology, fans can customize and pay for their order at kiosks.
- Self-Checkout Scanners: Artificial intelligence (AI) scanners allow fans to expeditiously complete their transactions. Fans simply place the items they wish to purchase on the checkout unit where they are scanned for quick payment.
- Checkout-Free Shopping: A completely self-guided, checkout-free grab-and-go experience. Fans download a pre-determined app, use the QR code in the app as their 'key' to enter the market, grab the items they want, then leave. No check-out required. The receipt will appear in the app. For those without the app, credit card entry is also available.
- Virtual Food Hall: A unique way for fans to try the most popular menu items throughout the building in one convenient location. Fans scan the “connected concepts” menu, then have the option to skip the line by ordering and paying on their smartphone and picking up their order at the pickup window.
- Mobile Ordering: Fans can place an order via an app on their smartphone for delivery to their seats or pick up at a designated concession stand.
- Cashless Transactions: Cashless transactions – credit cards and smartphone wallet – reduce touch points and increase speed of service. For fans who do not carry credit cards or use mobile payment, reverse ATMs (or cash-to-card kiosks) that dispense prepaid debit cards may be available throughout the ballpark.
- Grab-and-Go Markets: Express beverage markets and concessions stations allow fans to quickly grab and pay for their beverage of choice, packaged snacks and pre-wrapped menu items.
- Streamlined Menus: Simplifying and streamlining menus will expedite ordering and increase speed of service, while decreasing queues.
Creating a Safe Environment*
Aramark EverSafe™ is the Company’s platform that supports the safe reopening and sustainable management of client locations. Aramark’s practices, procedures and protocols have been developed in accordance with recommendations established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the National Restaurant Association (NRA), and other leading public health organizations. Examples of safety and service enhancements include:
- Providing and requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees
- Implementing employee health screening and temperature checks
- Following CDC hand-washing guidance and food code
- Frequently disinfecting high-touch areas and implementing enhanced cleaning and sanitation
- Monitoring marked lanes for ordering and picking up food
- Posting appropriate signage and floor decals to encourage social distancing
- Installing plexiglass barriers and reducing capacity in restaurants and clubs seating
* - Valid ID is still required to purchase alcoholic beverages. The availability and implementation of services, programs and offerings may vary by venue.
Aramark partners with more than 25 Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, National Football League, and National Hockey League teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities service.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. We deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Equal Employment Publications and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.