BATON ROUGE, La. and NASHVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amedisys is recognized as one of the most responsible companies in the nation, according to a report by Statista in the latest issue of Newsweek magazine. The recognition is based on key performance indicators derived from the company’s corporate social responsibility and sustainability report and includes performance in the areas of environment, social and corporate governance.
“At Amedisys, our goal is to be a good corporate citizen and to act responsibly in the way we treat our patients, our employees, our communities and the environment that we all share. We are honored to be recognized by Statista and Newsweek for these efforts,” said Paul Kusserow, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our commitment to social responsibility allows us to attract the best staff, provide high-quality services to patients, address climate change and drives our business forward.”
According to Amedisys’ Environmental, Social and Governance Report, the company is committed to:
- developing a strong system of independent governance to ensure it meets the high standards expected of a leading healthcare company,
- creating an open and inclusive place to work, with comprehensive benefits, personal and professional development and high clinical standards,
- ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace free of discrimination,
- outperforming the industry in quality of patient care in all lines of business,
- supporting employees and patients through the Amedisys Foundation,
- quantifying the company’s environmental impact to develop meaningful strategies to help combat climate change and
- achieving net-zero GHG emissions from its operations no later than 2050.
The final list recognizes the top 500 most responsible companies of 2023 in the United States, spanning 14 industries.
To learn more about Amedisys and its ESG strategy, please see its Corporate Sustainability Report here.
Amedisys, Inc. is a leading healthcare at home Company delivering personalized home health, hospice, personal care and high-acuity care services. Amedisys is focused on delivering the care that is best for our patients, whether that is home-based personal care; inpatient hospital, palliative, and skilled nursing facility (“SNF”) care in their homes; recovery and rehabilitation after an operation or injury; care focused on empowering them to manage a chronic disease; or hospice care at the end of life. More than 3,000 hospitals and 90,000 physicians nationwide have chosen Amedisys as a partner in post-acute care. Founded in 1982, headquartered in Baton Rouge, LA with an executive office in Nashville, TN, Amedisys is a publicly held company. With approximately 21,000 employees, in 547 care centers in 37 states, Amedisys is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of care to the doorsteps of more than 445,000 patients in need every year, performing more than 11.5 million visits annually. For more information about the Company, please visit: www.amedisys.com.
|Nick Muscato||Kendra Kimmons|
|Amedisys, Inc.||Amedisys, Inc.|
|Investor Relations||Media Relations|