Two dedicated practices offer private equity firms, venture capital groups, and strategic acquirers access to unparalleled insurance expertise, transaction support, due diligence services, and cyber risk assessments
BRP Group, Inc. (“BRP Group”) (NASDAQ: BRP) today announced the establishment of two Centers of Excellence (“COEs”) — Private Equity (“PE”) and Venture Capital (“VC”) — with teams made up of dedicated insurance experts with deep experience advising asset management clients and their portfolio companies. BRP Group’s PE and VC COEs are structured to support both buy and sell side transactions — starting with the transaction risk and due diligence, advising venture firms on protecting their investments and partners’ personal assets, and ultimately building broad insurance programs for PE and VC clients and their portfolio companies.
“Our new Private Equity and Venture Capital Centers of Excellence continue to expand our specialized solutions and capabilities to meet the unique needs of current and prospective clients,” said Dan Galbraith, BRP Group’s Chief Operating Officer. “We are thrilled to offer these dedicated practices to the marketplace with robust teams that have achieved proven results for their clients and possess extensive experience, keen acumen and excellent technical skill sets for ever-evolving risk landscapes.”
The leadership teams of the BRP Group PE and VC COEs include:
- Travis Holt, Senior Partner, Senior Vice President of Private Equity
- Pam Mason, Senior Partner, Senior Vice President of Venture Capital
- John Warren, Senior Partner, Senior Vice President of Private Equity
- Lidore DeRose, Senior Partner, Senior Vice President of Transaction Risk
The PE and VC teams focus on fund and portfolio companies by offering the following core solutions:
- Unparalleled Expertise: BRP Group colleagues have decades of industry-related experience and can provide risk analysis, risk transfer, due diligence, proper program structure and competitive pricing
- On-Demand Servicing: Timely 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year on claims, transaction support and urgent portfolio company servicing needs
- Industry Relationships: Long-lasting ties across the business and specifically with dedicated team resources at key insurance companies, leading to better results
- Senior-Level Support: Partners respond as a trusted extension of clients’ risk management team
- Detailed Deliverables: Deep, on-demand analysis empowering clients to make complex decisions in a timely, informed and strategic way
- Proprietary technology platform and fund-specific insurance product suite: Powered by BRP Group’s Founder Shield (a division of Millennial Specialty Insurance, LLC), clients will have the ability to access a digital client portal with curated coverage packages, a streamlined digital application process and centralized digital policy and COI management capabilities, along with access to custom-built fund insurance products and portfolio company premium credits
In addition, PE clients have access to:
- A due diligence team who helps buyers make proactive decisions to reduce risk after an acquisition
- A dedicated team of transaction liability experts who negotiate and place policies such as rep & warranty, tax liability, and other deal specific insurance policies
- Experts who analyze the use of technology across a portfolio of investments and help the firm quantify the potential financial risk of cyber incidents
VC clients can tap into insurance program solutions to address all firm and portfolio company needs including:
- Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance at the firm level for global exposures
- Critical fund liability needs surrounding directors and officers’ liability, professional liability, outside directorship liability and employment practices liability
- Portfolio company directors and officers’ liability and other management liability insurance
- Portfolio company P&C coverages
- Portfolio company insurance audits
- Cyber liability policies
- Experts who can provide litigation trends and limit analysis
For more information about BRP’s Private Equity and Venture Capital Centers of Excellence visit: https://baldwinriskpartners.com/industries/private-equity-venture-capital/
ABOUT BRP GROUP
BRP Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BRP) is an independent insurance distribution firm delivering tailored insurance and risk management insights and solutions that give our Clients the peace of mind to pursue their purpose, passion and dreams. We are innovating the industry by taking a holistic and tailored approach to risk management, insurance, and employee benefits, and support our Clients, Colleagues, Insurance Company Partners and communities through the deployment of vanguard resources and capital to drive our growth. BRP Group represents over 1.2 million clients across the United States and internationally. For more information, please visit www.baldwinriskpartners.com.
NOTE REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This press release may contain various “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which represent BRP Group’s expectations or beliefs concerning future events. Forward-looking statements are statements other than historical facts and may include statements that address future operating, financial or business performance or BRP Group’s strategies or expectations. In some cases, you can identify these statements by forward-looking words such as “may”, “might”, “will”, “should”, “expects”, “plans”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “estimates”, “predicts”, “projects”, “potential”, “outlook” or “continue”, or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s current expectations and beliefs and involve significant risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, developments and business decisions to differ materially from those contemplated by these statements.
Factors that could cause actual results or performance to differ from the expectations expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, those described under the caption “Risk Factors” in BRP Group’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2022 and in BRP Group’s other filings with the SEC, which are available free of charge on the SEC’s website at: www.sec.gov, including those risks and other factors relevant to the business, financial condition and results of operations of BRP Group. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those indicated. All forward-looking statements and all subsequent written and oral forward-looking statements attributable to BRP Group or to persons acting on behalf of BRP Group are expressly qualified in their entirety by reference to these risks and uncertainties. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made, and BRP Group does not undertake any obligation to update them in light of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as may be required under applicable law.